Wednesday, February 15, 2012

For My Hope Chest

                          Diaper Shirt 003
From an old old pattern …….. one that I purchased when my oldest son was born in 1984.
Photo08041600_1
This sweet little diaper shirt is made from Victorian batiste, buttoned in the front with vintage square mother-of-pearl buttons and smocked with an equally vintage smocking plate.  I think the first time I used this smocking plate, it was stitched across the bib of a sweet little john-john.
Photo08041559
  This time it gets wrapped in tissue and laid with my other treasures in my Grandmother’s hope chest to wait for a sweet baby.


Enjoy,  Merry Gay

2 comments:

  1. Sweet, sweet, sweet. Any baby would look precious and well-loved in this little shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janice. I just love this little shirt. I need to make some more. They make wonderful baby shower gifts for a Spring/Summer baby!

      Delete