Monday, February 6, 2012

Crabapple Hill Tote Bag

                         Photo02061514       

Last weekend, I was playing in my sewing room and decided to make a new bag for myself for Spring.  I had some pink/red paisley print and some matching red fabric that I had been anxious to cut into; and I had just received a bag pattern from Crabapple Hill, so this seemed the perfect project for a boring Saturday afternoon.                    

This little bag is loaded with pockets!  Look ……

Photo01282103

I know you can only see one of the big pockets, but there are 2 ….. one on each side.  And they are large enough to hole a magazine (or 2).  And see the little pocket on the side?  Perfect for pencils.  Or a cell phone.  Candy bar! 

     Photo01282100_1

Then, there is the large central space in the middle of the pockets. 

There are also pockets on the outside of the bag.

 

Photo01282101

 

There is one on each side.  I slipped a pair of dressmaker sheers into one so you can see how deep it is!

When I made this bag, the pattern called for a large pocket on the front.  I thought it would be really cool to monogram it with my initials,  and still do!  However, I hated that green after I had attached it to the bag, so I took it off. 

                          Photo01282100

I may make another one, but I’m in no hurry.  There are plenty of pockets already on this bag.  Probably more than I will actually use unless I pack it with a take-along sewing project for a road trip.  And I am happy with it off.  And, as a final thought, if I were to make this bag again, I would make the front pocket, only I would set the pocket into the seams like the other pockets.  That does give a much more professional finish.  At least in my opinion.

                            Photo02061514

 

Enjoy!  Merry Gay

No comments:

Post a Comment