Monday, February 20, 2012

Easter Pillow Cases

                      Photo02032150
My online sewing group works on a project together as a group periodically throughout the year.  Each of us takes turns writing the tutorials for the rest of the group.  We learn a new technique or brush up on other techniques while making a useful item or gift.  It is fun.
In March it will be my turn to ‘teach’ the group and my choice of project was to make pillow cases.  Easter pillowcases!    We are learning/practicing making a pieced border and inserting rick rack into a seam. 
Photo02021910
I started with an embroidery from the Pfaff website.  I added rick rack and joined it to a simple patchwork piece made from vintage looking fabrics

Photo02021925
I added a coordinating fabric for the cuff of the pillowcase.

Then I sewed this part to the main body of the pillowcase.  Sewed up the sides.  Hemmed the cuff.  And VOILA……….
Photo02032151 Photo02032150_1
Enjoy,  Merry Gay

No comments:

Post a Comment