Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Year, New Blog!

Enough said.  I wasn’t getting along with my old blog and so I got rid of it.  So to kick this new blog off, I am going to share with you one of my favorite projects, my pink Southern Belle Pillowcases.  I blogged about these on the other blog, so if you read that blog, you will remember seeing them there.  But I want to write about them here since they are one of my all time favorite projects.  So here goes……….
007

These were made using pink pima cotton and an iron on embroidery transfer.  I used DMC floss in a shade that matched the fabric and it took me about 3 weeks to complete the embroidery.  I approached this embroidery as as a sampler type of piece and used a variety of surface embroidery stitches, both as a learning experience and to practice stitches that I already knew.  Because of this, the pillow cases do not match because I didn’t necessarily use the same stitches in the second pillow case as I didn in the first one.  But since I made this a whitework type of project, you can’t really notice unless you look really close.
March 9, 2011 022    
I finished them off by crocheting a dainty shell edging on the edge of the pillowcase using a DMC pearl cotton that matches the thread that I used.  These have turned out to be one of my favorite pairs of pillow cases.  I am planning more and will post them when I finally get around to putting a project together.
Enjoy!
Hugs,  Merry Gay

1 comment: