Friday, January 13, 2012

Imagine!

                           003

My youngest son loves The Beatles.  He loves The Beatles with a passion that borders on infatuation.  So, when he was going through a bad patch about a year ago, I decided that I would  make a Beatles quilt  for him.  It all started with a 45” square of white fabric and a gazillion black applique’s.  (no, I didn’t count the number of pieces it took to make that center medallion) 

                            004

Then I pieced a few of these blocks to go around the medallion.

Beatles Quilt and sewer work 003  Beatles Quilt and sewer work 014

And then I began the embroidery for the top portion of the quilt ……….

                          Beatles Quilt 002

                          Photo08021729

And then the top was finished.  That done, I didn’t know how I would back it!  So I thought about it and came up with the Octopus Garden!

Photo08021733  Beatles Quilt 007

Complete with a couple of Yellow Submarines!  Sweet!  He loved it!

Enjoy!  Merry Gay

No comments:

Post a Comment