Saturday, November 10, 2012

Design Wall Saturday

                   IMG_20121109_144727
I finished stitching the center blocks of Vintage Kids together today and wanted to share with you.  I still have quite a bit of work to do on this quilt, but I am happy that this part is done.  I’ll start next on the borders.  What I have in mind is a wide white border with rick rack vines and appliqued leaves and cute little Dresden plate flowers sporting either button centers OR yo-yos ….. all in various shades of red.  The binding … it will be red, but I haven’t decided on whether or not the border will be straight or scalloped.  Or whether it will be prairie points or double binding (like the magic binding on Pinterest).  Or I’ve even been toying with the idea of adapting the Madeira hem technique from heirloom sewing to the borders on this quilt, which I really do think would be very cool.  Only time will tell.
      1352494085162          1352494072151
You can see that I put the label on the front of this quilt.  I usually put the label on the back, but I really needed another embroidered block for the front of the quilt and there were only 8 designs in the Vintage Kids series, so I had to do something!  This quilt is for me and I can live with that.  It is coming off the design wall today and another set of blocks that have been languishing in my unfinished pile will be going up there.  It will be a few weeks until I get back to this one.  I want to play with some Valentine blocks and I have to finish the Vintage Tin quilt before Christmas because it is a gift.  So next Wednesday you will be seeing hearts and flowers on the design wall …….. “Be Mine” ….. the Valentine quilt is coming up.  Until then …..
Enjoy,  Merry Gay

No comments:

Post a Comment